Seasoned Winter Park Family Attorney

Need a Lawyer for Your Mother's Rights Case?

The stability and relationship a mother has with a child is known to have a big impact upon the emotional and physical well-being of children. For over 20 years, our firm, Richard A. Heller, P.A., has provided professional services to mothers who are seeking to retain, restore or obtain parental rights. Our ethical standards and legal skills are recognized by our peers, and our lead attorney, Mr. Heller, has received a BV® Distinguished™ rating with Martindale-Hubbell®. Nothing is more important than the happiness of your child, and if your parental rights have been compromised in any way, we can help you to take legal action to resolve this situation.

Child Custody & Mother's Rights in Florida

Circumstances where a mother may need to preserve parental rights can include:

  • Divorce;
  • Cases in which a child is born to unmarried parents;
  • Situations involving the state taking your children from you for any reason.

In the case of an unmarried mother, when she gives birth to her child she may be designated as the sole parent. Marital status aside, you have rights regarding the support of your child. If the mother wishes to seek child support from the biological father, she may file a paternity action with the state. A court ordered DNA test may be taken to confirm the biological father. It is important to understand that once proving that a person is the father of her child, that person will now have father's rights and can seek custody, visitation and other involvement in the child's life, as will be his right once paternity is established and acknowledged.

The court makes decisions based on what is considered to be in the child's best interests. Regardless of the situation you are facing as a mother, your rights may need to be protected, and our Winter Park family law attorney will aggressively protect those rights if threatened in any way. Contact us now for any matter related to retaining or restoring your rights as a mother at (407) 501-4052.

Notice: Due to COVID-19, we may schedule telephone and video consultations and are available via Zoom, Facetime, Skype, and Messenger. Weekend initial consultations are also available. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!


Put Our Experience & Track Record Of Success In Your Corner

Reach Out To A Professional